Wednesday, November 16, 2011

WOODWORKING

Today I'm thankful for my husband's talent of woodworking. He's always wanted to learn this craft and it's just been in the last almost 10 years that he's pursued it. That's one of the reasons we moved to the house where we live now, so he could have a woodshop. Anyway, he's having a lot of fun with it and now that he's retired it gives him something to do. :0) After we came home from Ireland, he was so happy to be able to get back in his shop. One day I went out to his shop to talk to him and he said, "You know, I need to find something for you to do in my shop so you can be out here with me." I told him that I appreciated the fact that he wanted to be with me, but truthfully I had other things I needed to do. :0P He's taken several classes and watched lots of videos to be able to learn how to do this. Here's a couple pictures of projects he has done:
This is a desk he made for Gilbert Girl.  The two bottom drawers on each side are file drawers.  Since she does the books for her husband's business, she needed a new desk.  Her other one was falling apart.
These are 2 nightstands my husband made for one of our guest rooms.  He was just wanting to do a project to practice and he was the one who suggested making nightstands.  They turned out so well I want him to make new end tables and a coffee table for my living room sometime.  But I have to "get in line" because some of my other kids have already put in their orders. :0)

 This is my Great Grandmother's buffet. My mom says she thinks it actually was my Great Great Grandfather's and he gave it to my Great Grandmother. My husband didn't make this, but he

restored it.

2 comments:

Delirious said...

Wow, he does beautiful work! And I love the inlay!

Inklings said...

Yes, he does do beautiful work. That is a very nice talent for him to have. I'm impressed.