Thursday, November 17, 2011

HARD WORK

Today I'm thankful for Hard Work. This might sound weird, but sometimes I just really like doing hard work. Today we worked pretty hard at the Storehouse. We did 34 orders. That's like twice our regular numbers. We hardly sat down all day. I like doing hard housework too. My favorite outfit to wear to do housework is a pair of capris (winter or summer), t-shirt, crocs, a fanny pack with either my IPod in it, or my Walkman so I can either listen to music cds or Harry Potter while I'm working. If I'm not listening to either of those, I get my phone and put it in the fanny pack and put my headset on and talk on the phone to one of my daughters. If I'm talking on the phone, or listening to music or HP, it doesn't even seem like I'm working.


I've got a hard project I want to start right after Christmas.  I'm going to strip the cabinets on the big island bar in my kitchen and paint it a barn red.  Then I'm going to sand down the butcher block top and restain it a darker color.  Then....depending on how hard it was to strip that, I'm going to strip all the other cabinets in the kitchen and restain them.  :0P  I also want to get new hardware for the cabinets.  Right now it's just making me tired thinking about it...

1 comment:

Delirious said...

I really need to strip my kitchen cabinets and paint them, but part of me thinks we should just get new ones. They are pretty shot...

My problem is that I get distracted with church business and never seem to be able to get to the big projects.