Sunday, November 6, 2011

MUSIC

Today I am thankful for music.  Music is a big part of my life.  I play the piano and organ and I played the organ for church today.  Hymns are one of my favorite things to play.  I left almost an hour early for church so I could practice my Christmas music on the organ that I'm playing for the Ward Choir.  I'm not great on the organ, but I'm okay and I actually fool a lot of people into thinking I'm better than I really am.  :0)  I was also a choir director twice - a total of about 10 years.  That was a really fun calling.  The second time was my music education.  I was a co-director with another lady who helped me to learn a lot more about music, since I don't have a formal education in that.  I miss not doing that anymore but maybe someday....  In the meantime I'm trying to regain my piano talent that lessened when I spent a year and a half in Ireland without playing much.  I love music - playing, singing, leading and listening.  What would we do without music in our lives? 

No comments: