Wednesday, July 1, 2009

TO CHRIS AT BOOT CAMP IN KENTUCKY


On my flight to Atlanta, before changing planes for Ireland, I sat next to a guy going to Kentucky to Boot Camp. He was joining the Army to be a Trumpet player in the Army Band. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Chris and talking about music, boot camp and even a little bit of Mormon religion. I was pleased to find out that Chris had dated a Mormon girl and in his words, "loved Mormons".

Chris, thanks for a truly enjoyable conversation. I hope you survive boot camp without too many aches and pains, and I'll be watching everytime I see an Army band. Remember when you said you didn't want to marry a Mormon girl and mess up her chances to be in the Celestial Kingdom? I told you there was an easy solution to that. :0) Just wanted to add that even though you broke up with the girl, feel free to "check out" the Mormon religion at any time. Hope to run into you again sometime!

5 comments:

Delirious said...

I love to hear the army bands! So cool that you got to meet one of their future musicians!

Dee Ice Hole said...

I went to Boot Camp at Fort Campbell - do you know if he was going there or to Fort Knox?

Bullet for Babs said...

I always like a good conversation. That's when I knew I was getting old; a few years ago I realized I liked having a good conversation over playing a game or something.

Nene said...

Dee Ice, he was going to Louiville, Kentucky, whichever one that is.

Dee Ice Hole said...

Fort Knox