Sunday, February 26, 2012

DOWNTON ABBEY



In my previous post, I mentioned that I had endured some extensive dental work.  As a result I missed last Thursday at the Storehouse.  So while my husband was gone all day and since I was supposed to be taking it easy, I decided to watch some Netflix.  A friend of mine at the Storehouse has been telling me about "Downton Abbey" and how great it is, so I looked on Netflix hoping to find the first season (2010) and there it was!  Thursday I watched the first 4 episodes, the next day I watched 2 more and today I watched the last one - 7 total for the first season.  Now I am totally hooked on this series!!!!  I love this show!  I love the characters, the costumes, the whole estate and servants, everything!  Problem is:  Netflix doesn't have the 2011 series yet.  Yikes!  So now I have to go buy it!!  "Downton Abbey" is about a family set in pre-WWI.  In the first episode, it opens with the news that the Titanic has sunk.  Problem is, I also saw something on the internet today that said that this is the last season (2012).  But I guess since it's on PBS, that's probably about right.  Maybe I misunderstood and they meant that they had filmed the last episode just for 2012??  (hope)

Here's a great quote from the last episode by Maggie Smith who plays Violet Crawley, The Dowager Countess of Grantham:

"By the way, I was right about my maid.  She is leaving...to get married!  How could she be so selfish!"

I love it!

1 comment:

Delirious said...

All of my facebook friends have been talking about this show! I really need to see it. It looks like my kind of show!