Tuesday, July 6, 2010

WAIT A MINUTE, MR. POSTMAN!

I saw in some news today that the Postal Service is going to raise the price of stamps to 46 cents.  When I saw that I thought, "46 cents? What are they now?"  I got online to the Postal Service and saw that they are 44 cents now.   Since when did they go up to 44 cents?  I thought it was only 42 cents and I know I have mailed out a couple of letters in the past couple of months that only had a 42 cent stamp on them. I wondered how in the world I could have missed that and then I remembered, "Oh yeah, I've been out of the country!!!"  I guess raising the price of US stamps to 44 cents is not big news in Ireland. :0)

5 comments:

Nene said...

Ok Babs, you really have to teach me how to make this video screen fit in my blog! :0)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amber said...

you probably got away with it if you have the stamps that just say "First Class" - the price keeps going up so often that we have postal insurance so our rate only changes once a year now at work.

Nene said...

No, I know they said 42 cents on them. Now I'm wondering if they even went through?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.