Wednesday, July 28, 2010

GETTING A 5 YEAR OLD TO GO TO SLEEP

The first night of our Dallas trip, when we were in Amarillo,  my 5 year old granddaughter didn't want to go to sleep because she was so excited to be going to Dallas.  She was talking 90 miles a minute.  She told us about some tv show or something where some woman had said to someone in a car that she had to go to the bathroom.  They said they didn't want to stop.  She said, "I pee when I sneeze!"  The 5 year old thought that was so funny and kept saying it over and over.  (Ah, bathroom humor....)  Finally I said to everyone: "Ok, we're all going to go to sleep and we're not going to say anything to "5 Year Old" even if she keeps talking, because we have to get up early."  We all (except the 5 year old) turned over to try to go to sleep.  She kept talking and finally stopped.  There was silence for a few seconds and then she sneezed and said, "Oops, I peed!"
I can't tell you the amount of self control it took for all 3 of us to not say a word.  I guess it worked though, because - since we didn't comment or laugh - she quit talking and went to sleep. The next day the 12 year old said, "I had to cover my face with my pillow to keep from laughing!"   We all did.  :0)

6 comments:

Delirious said...

LOL I don't think I could have held it back!

I LOVE the picture :)

Amber said...

she is such a funny kid, she said so many funny things the whole trip!

Amber said...

p.s. I LOVE the picture on this post, it's so CUTE!

Inklings said...

That is so funny. I'm not sure I could have held the laugh back.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dee Ice Hole said...

There is no possible way I could have helped laughing out loud---and long---