Saturday, May 22, 2010

THE SMELL OF MONEY$$$

We went to Texas last weekend to visit my husband's mother.  We decided to take a short cut that Twist uses when he comes to my house.  I can't remember how much time he said it saved, but this day we were wanting to cut some time (I'll tell why in another post).  When you go the way that is Interstate all the way, you go through Amarillo and go past the stockyards.  The smell is pretty bad and usually I hurry and either turn off the a/c or change it to where it just circulates within the car.  When we took the shortcut, we found out that we have to pass several stockyards in the various small towns we go through. That plus all the oil wells we pass, provides a rather "smelly" ride.  I had to at least be glad that the cotton gins weren't running or that would have really topped things off.  Everytime we go past a stockyard, an oil well, or a running cotton gin and I have to hurry and change or turn off the a/c, I have to remind myself that what I am smelling is MONEY!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  :0)

2 comments:

Inklings said...

Unfortunately it is someone else's money. :0)

Amber said...

LOL I never thought of it that way!