Wednesday, September 2, 2009

SENSE AND SENSIBILITY

I bought this dvd at Target on a sale, and watched half of it when I was in the States. I brought it to Ireland with me and just finished watching it the other day. This has to go into my list of favorite movies. I liked this just as much as Pride and Predjudice. I normally do NOT like Hugh Grant. I don't know why, he just bugs me, but I did like him in this movie. Maybe because he was a bit more humble in this movie. :0)
One very nice surprise of this movie is the number of familiar British stars in it. Besides Kate Winslet (Titanic) and Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney-Harry Potter) there is also Alan Rickman (Snape-Harry Potter) and Imelda Staunton (Dolores Umbridge-Harry Potter) and Hugh Laurie (House). It was fun watching all of these stars in different roles. I especially enjoyed watching Alan Rickman play a gentler, kinder role. :0)

4 comments:

Bullet for Babs said...

Yeah that one's not too bad. I really like Alan Rickman. I wish he was in more stuff.

Stacy said...

I love this movie!! I am so glad you finally finished it. Alan Rickman is always playing bad guys (Die Hard, Happy Potter) but in this movie he is the good guy you root for!

Nene said...

I did NOT know he was in Die Hard! I'm going to have to watch that movie again!

Mr. Giggles said...

There is a new version of this book: Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters.... haven't read it. It's a sequel to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies....