Sunday, September 20, 2009

PLAYING THE ORGAN


Just to let you know - I played the organ for Stake Conference this weekend. We had a General Authority - Elder David Bednar. He came to call a new Stake Presidency. Anyway, My organ playing went well. I appreciate my friend Katie in NM for helping me (via email) with the stops. I still need to work on finding some more stops to make it louder. I had both pedals down as far as they would go and still could not get the volume up as much as I wanted. I just need to play with the stops some more. This organ is not like the one I'm used to playing on. Also they say it's piped through the sound system, but it's just not that great. When I first started to play, I realized I was so nervous I was actually holding my breath, so took some slow deep breaths to bring the music back in focus. :0) After the closing prayer, Elder Bednar walked over to one of the ex-Stake Presidency counselors to shake his hands. On his way off the stand, he stopped at the organ to "thank me" for playing. He's a very nice, and humble person.

5 comments:

Delirious said...

YIkes! I would have died of fright!

Nene said...

Well, I might have if I hadn't remembered to start breathing again. :0)

Dee Ice Hole said...

Your body would remember even if the fright put you out!!! Breating is carried out by our involuntary muscles thank goodness. That's why they tell you to walk away from your child if they are holding their breath until they pass out - once they go down they start breathing and there is no harm done.

Inklings said...

I think it is great you could do that. Yesterday in Primary they did a sharing time on the general authorities and one little Sunbeam knew them all by sight. (They showed pictures, would show a picture, have the kids name who it was, tell a story about them, and put the picture by the name) The woman doing it asked one little boy if he would come put the picture up. He said, "No. I want David Bednar! He's my favorite!" It was pretty cute and pretty impressive that he knows them all by name.

Mr. Giggles said...

Bednar! We never get GA's here! Just some Area Authority from Panguitch or wherever....the town just 15 minutes away gets Apostles at their conferences, but not us!