Friday, August 28, 2009

NAVAJO BRIDGE - ARIZONA


The Navajo Bridge is one of my favorite places to stop when I'm driving out to my parent's for a visit. Even though it's always hotter than you know what and the rest stop bathrooms are more like sanitary outhouses, I always have to stop. I love to go into the visitors center and usually end up buying something. I have a "weird stuffed animal" collection, and this year I bought a stuffed toy Condor. :0) I couldn't bring it to Ireland with me, so I don't have a picture of it.
After looking at this picture, I realized that even though I stop there every year and every time I stop I go to the outhouse restroom and the visitors' center, I have never walked out on the old bridge to look at the new bridge. Probably because for so many years my knees were so bad. In the picture the old bridge is on the left and the new bridge is on the right. Next year, that's my plan! :0)
Below is a picture of the visitors' center:

4 comments:

Delirious said...

Are you over your fear of bridges?

I wish I could live nearer to our parents. I would love to be able to travel around that area. I'm getting really tired of California, but I don't see any way to move out in the near future. :(

My word verification is Spock. Maybe I should just be happy to live long and prosper? ;)

Nene said...

My trip to California that time when ALL of ya'll were relentless in teasing me about my fear of bridges every time we went over 1 or 2 or 3 EVERY time we went someplace. That cured me. :0) I've never dream about them again. I also realized that I was dreaming about them because it was a stress dream rather than because of a fear of bridges. All my horrible stress dreams about them then sort of created a fear about them, but you should have seen my dreams! Yikes!

Nene said...

Oh, and Delirious, maybe we need to take more trips while you're at Mom and Dad's so you can see some of this stuff again. You could do one or two things every year that you come.

Bullet for Babs said...

That place is really cool. I don't why I was such a lame teenager. You always took us there but I don't think I ever really cared much. That'll change if I ever go back.