Thursday, August 16, 2007

More Than Words...

My husband and I were talking about body language today. He said he had attended a really great class at work on body language. He said the guy who taught it was really good and taught it in sort of a humorous way, but it really had some good points in it. He said we say so much with our voices, but our bodies go on to say more - either in agreement with what we're saying or in disagreement. My husband and I came to the conclusion that maybe the reason we're drawn to some people is because of their body language. If we like someone, maybe their body language has "told" us that they like us too. Maybe the reason we don't like someone is because we just don't "feel" good around them - maybe their body language is telling us they really don't like us. I think it is an interesting subject. I've heard that there is more to tell about a person's body language than just that they either like or dislike you. You can tell if they're lying or dishonest, if they're nervous or relaxed. If anyone knows anything about this subject, or knows a good book about it, please leave a comment.

2 comments:

Delirious said...

The interesting thing to me is that when you talk to people on line, you only get part of the communication. I do believe that people type things they may not be comfortable saying out loud, but when you talk to them in person, their bodies say volumes that they voice doesn't

Keira said...

I agree. In fact, I believe that's the appeal of the internet to a lot of people. They are able to hide some part of their personality that is usually so obvious to people who know them personally. I don't believe online only friendships are ever completely honest because they lack that "in person" aspect that is so important to a relationship.