Thursday, October 18, 2012

I know I haven't written a post in awhile, but I've been busy!  Here's some of the things I have been doing:
Making American Girl Doll Clothes for one of my granddaughters for Christmas - These 3 are finished and I have 4 more to go.  :0P


Here's something I just barely finished - a scripture tote for another granddaughter who was just baptized last month.  We had gone to the church book store to get her a scripture tote but they didn't have the kind she wanted, which was a tote with an open top, so I just decided to make it after her baptism and give it to her later.  I took it to her today.  She has a compact quad, which fits perfectly!

This is a fun pattern that you can easily expand.  I found this pattern on Pinterest.  I made this a little bit bigger than the pattern specified and it was still a bit too small.  I used fusible fleece instead of quilt batting and instead of hand quilting, I just "stitched in the ditch" with my sewing machine.  I really like that fusible fleece and I have several other projects I want to use it with.  You find it by the interfacing at the cloth store.

I have so many projects I want to do by Christmas that I don't know if I'll be able to get to them all.  Some of the other sewing projects I haven't started, but hope to get to them.  I also have 2 typing projects I've been working furiously on and am determined to get it done by Christmas.  We'll see......

4 comments:

Nene said...

The tote looks blue in this picture, but it's done in purples. :0)

Delirious said...

Wow, those look really good! The clothes look like you bought them. REally cute!

I hope they don't read your blog... :)

I sure miss my sewing machine. Now that I actually have time to sew, I wish I had it. Maybe eventually I'll find an inexpensive one to use while I"m here.

Nene said...

No, they don't read my blog.... :0)

Amber said...

These all turned out really cute! I especially love the scripture tote!