Tuesday, January 10, 2012

JUST STOP IT, NEWT!

The Republican Party is such a farce right now.  The main goal should be banding together to defeat Obama in the next election.  Instead we have candidates behaving like spoiled children who are mad because they didn't "win the game".  Problem is, instead of taking their marbles and going home, they are trying to stay in the game by stamping their feet and just crying harder. Why, if you were truly concerned about the Republican party beating Obama would you , instead of realizing you can't win because your numbers are too low, attack another fellow Republican?  Shouldn't you do the honorable thing - like Michelle Bachman - and bow out and put your support behind one who does have higher statistics?  The other thing I can't understand is why no one in the Republican party can stop Newt Gingrich from acting like the boy who didn't get picked to play on the team and is throwing a tempter tantrum.  Someone please stop him before he competely destroys the entire Republican Party! 

7 comments:

KWCooley said...

Because Newt isn't a Republican or a Conservative. As Michael Savage said, "Newt Gingrinch is the old tire the Dems have lit on fire and sent rolling around the deck of the GOP."

Delirious said...

Maybe that's his goal. Maybe he wants to destroy it. There is a silent group of people are are working for that.

Dee Ice Hole said...

I think the Republican and the Democratic parties have both lost touch with America. I am sick and tired of four years of running for re-election followed by four years of running for re-election.

I think if they can't pass a budget on time they should all be fired---that is the only job that they are required by law to do. There is no requirement for new legislation on which they spend the majority of their time.

Inklings said...

I will never vote for Newt Gingrich. Never. He gives me the creeps.

Nene said...

He gives me the creeps too. So why doesn't he give everyone else the creeps? I even saw him speaking at a news conference the other day and his wife was standing beside him. My first thought was, "I wonder if he gives his wife the creeps?" That was the expression on her face anyway. :0+

Juli D. Quinteros de Hernandez said...

They both give me the creeps! Her even more so than him with her plastic fake smile plastered across her face. I won't vote for Newt either but we know he pretty much doesn't have a snowball's chance of getting the nomination. I told hubby the other day "who wants a lizard for President (newt=lizard, get it?) because he has this reptilian kind of stare to him. I wish he & Perry were smart enough to realize like Bachmann that their numbers are not high enough & withdraw graciously (you should have heard the hooting & snickering at our house when we saw the pitifully ridiculous numbers Perry pulled down). I think Romney will win the nomination but as to whether he can beat Obama, Idk. I personally kind of doubt it but only time will tell whether that's an accurate assessment. I think it would be good to have a member of the church as President but others seem to see it as a liability. There's nothing in the requirements as to religion in the qualifications for POTUS & as I've said to others before, if the American ppl will elect someone that so many claim is a muslim (idk if he is or isn't & why should it matter?), why not a someone who's a mormon?

Stacy said...

I totally agree with you!!