Monday, April 18, 2011

FORTUNE COOKIES

My husband and I went by Panda Express tonight to pick up dinner to take home.  I always get the same thing:  A Panda bowl with Kung Pao chicken.  He usually gets the 2 entree plate and varies the entrees.  I love the fortune cookies.  One day I got a fortune in my fortune cookie that was really applicable to what was going on in my life at the time, so I stuck it on my bulletin board with all my family pictures.  Since then I have put up all fortunes from our fortune cookies up there. 

We've been waiting and waiting for our septic tank to start draining, and even though it really hasn't been as bad on us as everyone thinks it has, we have been hoping and praying that it will start to drain right.  I think my husband has been more stressed out about it than I have, mainly because he wonders if he made the right choice to try to clean up the ground, instead of digging a new leech field. 

So tonight when I opened my fortune cookie, I noticed that my husband wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.  I hurriedly grabbed the pen beside me, turned my fortune paper over, and wrote: "Your septic tank will drain soon".  Then I turned to my husband and said, "Do you want to read my fortune?"  I handed it to him and he got a chuckle reading it.  Then he opened his fortune cookie.  His fortune was, "If your desires are not extravagant, they will be granted."  :0)

Fingers crossed! 

2 comments:

Delirious said...

When I was single, McDonalds came out with a chinese meal on their menu. I can't remember what it was, but I do remember that they had a fortune cookie. I had just moved in to the chinese house, and my roommate and I decided to try the Mcdonald's meal. I opened my fortune cookie and got a fortune that said I would meet a dark handsome stranger. About 2 weeks later I did, and I married him. :) (No, I'm not superstitious, but I did glue it in to my journal. :)

Dee Ice Hole said...

Hope you both get your wish on teh septic tank and field.