Monday, February 2, 2009

OUCH!


My kitchen has self-closing drawers and cabinets. It's kinda cool - you just give it a push and it gently closes - not slams. Sometimes, if you don't push it enough, it doesn't close all the way. Friday, I thought I had pushed the drawer enough to close it, but when I looked around, it wasn't all the way closed. I put my hand on it to close it and didn't realize my "pointer" finger was in too far, and it closed on my finger. It hurt pretty good, but I just kind of shook it off. Until the next day. Oh. My. Gosh! Now it's Monday night, and my finger hurts so bad. Have you ever tried to type without using one of your fingers? My finger is swollen at the lower corner of the nail. It has a dark spot on it, but just a tiny spot. The nail looks fine, just the skin around the nail is swollen and red and even white. It gets to throbbing and really hurts. I know if you smash a nail, you can heat up a needle and get it red hot and then press it on the nail and it will melt a hole into the nail to relieve the pressure of the blood that is built up under the nail. But if the nail doesn't look black and it is only the skin, do you do the same thing only on the skin? YIKES! Right now I'm using neosporin with pain relief. But I'm really thinking...a real hot needle....a quick jab....would that help?

4 comments:

Delirious said...

I hope you are up to date on your tetanus shots!

It sounds infected, maybe the neosporin will help?

Amber said...

yikes! maybe it's just me but the hot needle sounds more painful - have you tried just putting it in ice water? I'm sure that would make the swelling go down - and take some ibuprofen too.

Inklings said...

OUCH - I hope that gets better soon, and I haven't had any experience with a hot needle, thank goodness.

Native Minnow said...

Everything about this post made me cringe.