Sunday, January 25, 2009

A FROG STORY


One of the speakers in church today told this story: (this is my version as well as I can remember)

Once there were 2 frogs. They were hopping along and fell into a deep hole. They tried to hop up and get out but couldn't. Some other frogs came along and saw the 2 frogs in the hole. They called down to the 2 in the hole: "It's hopeless!" "You'll never get out" "It's too deep!" "You might as well just give up and die!" So one of the frogs did just that - he gave up trying to get out, and he died. The other frog kept hopping. He hopped and he hopped. Higher and higher and he still couldn't get out. By this time there were more frogs at the top. They all started yelling down to the other frog: "Give up!" "You'll never make it!" "It's too high!" "Just give up and die!" The frog in the hole tried harder than ever. He jumped higher and higher and finally he jumped so high he jumped out of the hole. One of the frogs at the top said, "You made it! I didn't think you'd be able to make it!" The other frog said: "You'll have to forgive me, I'm hard of hearing. I couldn't hear what you all were saying to me, but you were all yelling so much, I thought you were encouraging me, so I just tried harder until I made it out."

The next time you think your comment to someone (good or bad) doesn't mean anything, think again.

4 comments:

Bullet for Babs said...

Hmm...thats a cool story...I heard another version of that where they fell into like cream or butter and the other one gives up but the first one keeps trying so much that the cream hardens and he is able to stand on top and jump out...

Inklings said...

The one Bullet for Babs is talking about is a poem. Have you read it? I have a copy.

Nene said...

Inside Stories, No I haven't read that one.

Native Minnow said...

Was it Kermit?