Thursday, August 12, 2010

SLEEPOVER

I had another sleepover with 3 of my granddaughters this past week. - two 5 year olds and a 12 year old.   Here are some conversations we had, or overheard:

CONVERSATION #1
5 year old crying
Me: What's wrong?
1st 5 year old: I'm scared!
Me: Of what?
1st 5 year old: Ghosts!
Me: We have no ghosts in this house.  When we bought this house, Grandpa said a prayer and told Heavenly Father to not let any ghosts get in this house.
1st 5 year old: There's no such thing as ghosts, Grandma!
Me: Then what are you scared of???


CONVERSATION #2
Conversation overheard while the 2 five year olds were taking a bath in my huge Roman tub:
(They had told me they wanted to take a bath because my tub looked like a swimming pool)

1st 5 year old: Okay, I'll stand here and you stand there....Now, you jump in first and then I'll jump in.
 (Of course, hearing this caused both me and the 12 year old to run as fast as we could to the tub and look in (it has a shower curtain across the opening)  There stood both 5 year olds - each on a different ledge of the tub. 
Me:  There will be no jumping of any kind in this tub or you'll both get out!
Both 5 year olds: Awwwww!

CONVERSATION #3
2nd 5 year old:  I love you, Grandma!
Me: I love you too, and I also love "1st 5 year old!"
2nd 5 year old to 1st 5 year old: When someone tells you that they love you, you're supposed to say, "I love you back!"

5 comments:

Delirious said...

lol too cute!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amber said...

LOL I don't blame them for wanting to jump in, that is a big tub LOL

Inklings said...

That is so cute!

PsychDoctor said...

Comment 1 is awesome