Thursday, October 16, 2008

FIT FOR A QUEEN

When I was in Ireland looking for a house to rent, I looked at one house that was brand new and not quite finished yet. It still needed counter tops and floors put in. My Re-lo lady said if I rented that house I might be able to have some input as to what kind of furnishings I wanted. I told her that I would really like a king-size bed, since that is what we had at home. She looked puzzled and said, "Not a queen?" I said no, the queens were a bit too small for us. She said, 'But the queen bed is bigger than a king." I said, "No the king is bigger." She said, "Your king beds must be bigger than ours." Later I thought about it and remembered, "Oh wait, this is a country ruled by a queen. Ah, now it makes sense." However, their queen-size beds were just as big as our queen-size beds, so I really have no idea what she was talking about.

5 comments:

Karee said...

Have Leon take a tape measure to the furniture/mattress store... I can't imagine sleeping on a queen again. Perhaps you should take the King you have even if that makes the warranty kaput. Sleep has value.

Delirious said...

You could do like some friends of mine do. They have separate beds. LOL I'm serious...they really do. lol They think they sleep better if they have separate beds. They wanted bunk beds, but right now they just have separate futons. either way...kind of weird if you ask me lol.

~Kris said...

I don't think it's weird at all.
Sleep is important, and if you sleep better on bunk beds, then by all means sleep in a bunk bed.
Is your house going to be furnished? You can always buy a bigger bed later. :) lol

Nene said...

After arguing with the Relo people, Leon told them to just forget it and we'd just buy one when we got over there. We're not taking that much stuff, so we'll probably just bring it back home. But I can't affort to negate the warranty on my Sleep Number bed. Although I'll sorely miss it!

Native Minnow said...

After recently upgrading to a Queen, I'm now so accustomed to having that much extra space that I'll probably have to get a California King if I ever have to share again ;-)