Wednesday, October 10, 2007

OCB?

Even though the wedding is over, I can't quit obsessing about it. I keep going over some things that went wrong, and some things that made me mad, and I can't let it go. Is this a kind of Obsessive Compulsive Behavior? Or just delayed mental wedding stress? I was talking to my daughter and one suggestion she gave me was to look in the mirror and tell myself to "just stop it and quit obsessing about it!" I thought that was a bit obsessive myself. I would go into detail and tell you all the things I am obsessing about, but it would be a bit obsessive to write it all down. Do you know how weird a word looks after you write it several times? I've written the word "obsessive" six - wait - seven times and now it looks weird, like I've mispelled it. Maybe I'm obsessing about that now.

6 comments:

Inklings said...

I think you should at least write it all down and send it to your sisters. :0) But I do know what you mean, because I am more nervous after I teach a class or give a talk than I am before, and go over it again and again in my mind. Same thing if I have an argument with someone.
Just hold on to the fact that everyone I have talked to who went to the wedding had only nice things to say about it.

Delirious said...

I think instead of OCB, you should think of it as PTSD...(I think that is the abbreviation) for Post Traumatic Stress disorder. Your brain is trying to destress after having to stress about this for so long. It might take awhile for it to turn off. :)
You definitely need to write and tell your sisters all the dirty details...we didnt' get to come. :)

PsychDoctor said...

I am sorry we didn't get to come either...We sent money and a card though...hope it arrived on time...

PsychDoctor said...

Oh, and I doubt you have OCD, or nothing would have gone wrong in the first place...You'd have made better plans... :) Just kidding...just trying to be funny...

Dee Ice Hole said...

I have been trying to figure out where this OCB comes from---y'all have it (can't decide if it comes from you Mom or Dad--probably Dad). I am sure that everything went well and 100 years from now no one will care anyway---they probably won't even know but you could get ulcers from it.

Lightning Strikes said...

I'm sure it was perfect! :) I wish I could have made it! And I agree with Delirious...I think your brain is trying to destress!